Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Quiet Days

Since the girls are in school during the days till three and Jerrod works days, its usually just Gabryle and I during the day at home. Gabryle is so easy going I usually don't have to help him find things to do during the day. The only time I really have to help do anything is when its lunch  time, he needs a drink or can't get some toy down from a spot he can't reach.

Most of the time, Gabryle eats breakfast with the girls in the morning before they leave for school. That way when they leave he is all through and he is ready to go! He usually watches a couple of his cartoons on PBS in the morning, or we stick a Thomas and Friends on netflix and he is occupied for a while. If he gets bored with that he goes and plays in his room. He'll sit in his floor and play with trucks and cars or get his brobie dancing toy and play with it. Sometimes he will go and find Kylie's barbies or Kenzies DS and play with them. (how sad is it that a 22 month old boy can figure out how to play a DS)

I get a lot done during the day around the house that needs to get done while the girls are in school. Since Gabryle can keep himself busy with things. Some things he helps me with, like straightening the living room, getting the laundry sorted in the kids bathroom to wash and making sure the trash is picked up in the bathroom. His favorite thing to do though is help vacuum. He will unravel the cord for me to plug in and then when I tell him he turns the vacuum on then sometimes helps me push it. Other times he loves to just run up to the vacuum and giggle at it and let it "attack" his toes and then runs off laughing.

There are a few days though that Gabryle and I just kind of lounge around the house and have fun all day till we need to get the girls. I honestly think that is his favorite part of the day considering when I say its time to get the girls he is at the door in a heartbeat waiting for me to get my purse and stuff. I think he likes having Mom all to himself for most of the day. I can tell though that he does like being able to play with all the toys in the house by himself not having to share for a while.

Till Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment