Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lunch Explanations

As the girls and I were sitting waiting to get out of the school parking lot today, they started telling me about their lunch they were served today. It's funny having both of them try to explain it. One will tell me one version of lunch then the other will tell it different, but both ultimately in the end explain the same lunch.

Today Kylie started telling me about lunch as this has become one of her favorite parts of the day. This is her explanation: "they had banana cake that they called banana bread, and a green salad with tomato's. They also had these orange things that I don't know what they were. There were beans with a sauce that was runny and then chips with some chili and cheese on them. And I had chocolate milk AGAIN!"

Then Kenzie started talking. "It was banana bread with a salad and one of my friends is allergic to tomatoes, so he didn't eat them. We also had oranges that tasted different and some spiced beans and Frito chili pie. That's the only time you have chips like that at school Kylie. You only have them in Frito chili pie. Everyone has milk every day."

ultimately the beans ended up being chili beans, and the oranges being mandarin oranges. My favorite explanation of the lunch served at school from Kylie has been from two days ago. We were standing in the foyer waiting for the first grade to be dismissed and Kylie looked at me and said, "Mom we had hamburgers, and the cooker people forgot to put the hamburger in it and put a chicken nugget in it instead! It was awesome!" Ultimately they were having chicken sandwiches but she didn't realise it.

Who knew that little picky eater Kylie would love lunch at school as much as she does.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment