Tuesday, March 6, 2012

It's hard to say goodbye...

I Will Miss You William!

Kylie mentioned to me yesterday that one of her friends will be moving. She told me that and I assumed they would move over spring break or at the end of the year. Boy was I wrong! 

She came home today with a note from her teacher telling parents, that William, one of Kylie's friends, will be moving back to China with his family at the end of the week and Thursday would be his last day. Kylie decided that she wanted to make William a card to take with him, so I helped her this evening to do that. We got a piece of paper and some markers, and a cute picture of Kylie and started working. She wanted to write on the front so I spelled everything out for her. She messed up in one spot but I was able to show her that if you draw a heart there he would never know you messed up so that is what we did.
We then opened it and she drew a picture for him. That is William on the left and Kylie on the right. Butterflies are flying above them while they jump through a flower patch, that is on top of the grass, that is on top of the lava as she explained it to me. (She's fascinated with lava for some reason). We glued the picture of her on the other side and she signed her name.

She seems a little bummed about him moving at the moment. As Kylie told me, "he's not my best friend, but he is a friend that is fun to play with at school. He is nice for a boy too." Of course everyone gets along with Kylie though. She's not hard to get along with. This is the first time she has had a friend move away that she won't see anymore. She'll remember him forever though I'm sure!!

Till Next Time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment