Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cheer leading.

Latest Cake I Made!!
Don't know why I posted it with this blog post but I did.
I have never been into cheer-leading.  I can guarantee that if you don't know me and ask someone that does, they will tell you it is one thing that I have never been interested in doing. Give me something that pertains to music or art I will try in a heartbeat!

The girls however have gotten to where they are interested in cheer leading, even miss tomboy Mackenzie has gotten interested in it. The high school cheer leaders have a clinic that is for the Pre-k - fifth grade classes at the girls school, and they have been signed up for it. They had one earlier during the football season but we didn't sign them up for it, and this one they seemed extremely interested in doing, so they have been signed up to participate in it. (Thanks Nana!!) Both of the girls are so excited that they are going to get to do the two day clinic and then cheer at the girls basketball game on February 3 during half time. They are so excited they are signed up to do it next week.

I was talking with the girls about it after school yesterday and told them they will have a workshop after school for two days next week and I wouldn't pick them up till later in the day. Kylie wasn't too sure about that till she realized that the big cheer leaders will be coming to teach her how to do the cheer leading. Kenzie told me she is still finding out from her friends if they will be doing the cheer leading also. I believe a couple of the girls in her class are participating also. (Of course she knows so many kids, she'll probably know most of them at the clinic anyway!) I now must go look for some cheer shorts for the girls to wear in case we need to get those for them to wear with the t shirt they will be given.

I think Kylie will enjoy it the most, but I could be totally wrong about that. If they do enjoy it and want to do it in Junior High and High School, I will probably eventually learn to like football. I'll make sure and post pictures from the game they cheer at during half time for everyone!

Till Next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment