Thursday, January 26, 2012

Kylie's Valentine Decoration

 For the month of February, Kylie brought home her family project for us to do this week. For February we were asked to decorate a heart and to make it detailed like Valentines used to be. We went and picked out some fabric and ribbon that Kylie liked and brought it home to do the project.

I cut the heart shape out of the fabric and then we sewed the ribbon onto the fabric. We then glued the fabric to the card-stock heart that Mrs. Pearson and Mrs. Jackson provided us to use. I had bought some foam 3-d glitter heart stickers earlier and Kylie used some of them to add some more color to the heart. We also used some of the extra beads I have and spelled out her name with some pastel pink and purple beads on the front.


I think the Valentine turned out great. I love the sparkle  of the ribbon around the edge. I think Kylie loves this project the most due to the fact that is done in almost all pink except for the three red hearts she applied to it. She wanted some glitter too but I am not a big fan of glitter and was able to talk her out of it. (Yes I know, I was a party pooper.)

I can't wait till they get the hearts posted on the bulletin board outside of their classroom on Monday. It is always fun to see how different the kids decorate their projects that are displayed. I bet tomorrow Kylie and one of her best friends Camryn will sit and discuss their hearts as we wait for the older kids to get out when I pick her up. (Pre-K gets out 15 minutes before the older grades.) I'll also try and get a better picture of the heart and post tomorrow.

Till Next Time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment