Sunday, July 10, 2011

A good book.

I love reading, and have always loved reading. When I find a book I love to read, I usually don't put it down and have it completely read front to back with in a few days. Sometimes I can read one in just one day depending on the length of it and how much free time I have in the day.  I hope this also goes along with my Kids, that they will enjoy raeding as much as I do. So far the girls Love to sit and listen to me read books to them, and Kenzie since she is a beginner reader seems to love to sit and read books also. I hope it sticks!!!!

Friday I recieved two books that I had ordered, the first is "Cake Boss, Stories and Recipies from Mia Famiglia" by Buddy Valastro; and the other is "Ace of Cakes: Inside the world of Charm City Cakes" by Duff Goldman and Willie Goldman.    I love the two shows and personally like baking and decorating cakes when I have a chance for the family.

I started the Cake Boss book and had it read in two days. I finished it this morning and thought it was a great book. I loved to learn how Carlo's Bakery was started and hearing how they got to where they are today. You learn a lot of his family history from this book. It goes into how his family came to America, how the bakery came about in their family, and how Buddy eventually found his ways in the bakery.

I also love the fact that they have taken 37 of their bakeries recipies, and compiled them into more managable size recipies for you to bake at home. He even made it to where the majority of the recipies take things you can find at a local market, with the exception of a few items which need to be found at a specialty shop or online.  It even gives you a few tips for baking and explains some of the tools used in the kitchen for baking.

I personally loved the book because now I know more about his family that I see on the show all the time, and about his father, who is a big part of Buddy's life even though he is not here anymore. If you love the show Cake Boss I think you will love this book!

As soon as I am finished reading the Ace of Cakes book I will post about it also!
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment