Monday, July 11, 2011

the dreaded summer heat

I enjoy the summer months. The splash pads open, there is so much more sun during the day, the pool opens up and the kids get a break from school and we get to do t-ball and things like that. I like it until the dreaded heat comes around.

So far this summer has been the hottest summer I can remember. At the moment there is a heat advisory for the area until SATURDAY!! I wish we could get a break. I hate that we have to keep the kids in the house finding new things to do or watch. I think this summer heat has them getting cabin fever worse than last winter when we had the snow storm, especially Mackenzie. She hates being couped up in the house.

The plus side of it is I have been able to teach Kylie how to write a few letters, and get a head start for when she starts pre-k in a month. A month to the day actually. The heat and being stuck in doors doesn't seem to bother Kylie as much. Don't get me wrong, she loves playing outside, but she seems to prefer staying inside looking at a good book, playing with her barbies and drawing on any plain piece of paper she can find.

Gabryle is missing the outdoors to. If he could live outside in the yard I bet he would to a point. He loves finding dirt piles to play in, sitting on the little trike we have, finding sticks and chasing sisters with them, and just being out doors. The past few days with them staying inside he will go up to the window and just sit there looking outside with a look of boredom on his face. I do admit though, that Gabryle is the best at keeping himself busy in the house. He'll just go off into his and Kylie's room and start playing with some toys, or climbing into the toy box to hide, or grab a little book and look at it.

Hopefully we will have some relief soon so we can do more outside during the day. If it could stay in the 60's and 70's all year round that would be awesome! I could live with that. Stay safe with the heat. Just a few more months then it will cool down is all I keep saying!!!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment