Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Holiday fun!

Yesterday was the fourth of July, which is a fun holiday being as there are fireworks to watch at night, a great day to grill out, and it's my birthday to top it all off. Every year since I was a kid the fourth of July has been one of my favorite holidays. When I was little I always thought that the fireworks were just for me, course then I got old enough to realise that they were not all for me just because its my birthday. That was a sad day.

This year of course southern Oklahoma had the burn ban, and the Lake Murray fireworks show was cancelled. BUMMER! So we opted to just stay in and watch the Capital Fourth of July Concert and Fireworks on PBS.

We let the kids play in the sprinkler some and we ran some errands. I mostly laid around the house all day, and let the laundry sit and not be done for one day. I even slept in somewhat. It was nice having a day we were all home just lounging aroundt he house.

Jerrod and the kids made me a birthday cake which was so sweet of them to do. I thought it was also adorable when Kylie ran up to me and goes "Mommy we're going to kick you out of the house and surprise you and make you a surprise birthday cake thats chocolate!!!!" She was thrilled, and of course made sister and Daddy a little upset that the surprise was spoiled. Oh well, I still loved it!!!!!

Then last night the rain came. Lots of wind came first then the heavy rain, thunder and lightning.  The kids it didn't bother, until the power went out. Gabryle thought we turned off the show we were watching and ran to the tv pointing at it looking back and forth between it and us. Needless to say since it was alraedy after the kids bedtime we just sent them off to bed. It was dark so we didnt get any arguements really. Kylie fell asleep within 10 minutes of going to bed as normal. Gabryle came in the liing room a few times and then finally gave up about 20 minutes later. Mackenzie was the odd ball and was still awake in her bed. Around nine, nine fifteen last night She and Jerrod went driving to see who all had power and who didn't.

Aparantly a lot of the town was without power. The most the electric company showed on their website was 10669 without power from when I checked it the few times. Eventually the power came back on around nine thirty-nine forty five and Jerrod and Mackenzie got back to the house and we let her finish watching the fireworks shows that were on tv then sent her off to bed.

It definatly has been the first birthday I can remember where we lost power, or rained for that matter.Maybe next year we won't be in the middle of one of the worst dry spells we have seen in such a long time and will get to watch some local fireworks around town.

Till next time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment