Monday, March 12, 2012

Gardening

Pansies!!!
I have to say I am rather pleased with myself at the moment. It has been nearly 2 weeks since family fun night and we got the mommy and me planting basket through the auction and the pansies that came all planted in a pretty vase is doing better than when we got them! I am slowly nursing them to a better health than when we received them.
Miniature Yellow Roses. 

When we brought them home they looked like they were under watered with a lot of brown leaves all over the plant. I trimmed the brown leaves off and all of the wilted flowers and have made sure to water regularly, but not to often. I'm proud to say that we have had 2 new flowers bloom on it! Plus the steams and leaves have really greened up and it looks just oh so much better!! The girls make sure and check every day to see if there are new flower buds on the plant.

this is a picture of what 2 of the rose bushes will look
like when it blooms!!
The rose bushes the kids and I planted a month ago are also doing very well. One of them has already put on tons of new leaves and branches! One has put on a few new leaves and one still isn't doing as well as the others. I believe the last one needs to be in more sunlight so I'm going to have to transplant it to a better spot to where it gets more sun. One of the bushes will be miniature yellow roses, and the other two will be white with pink tips. Yellow Roses are my favorite! I was thrilled to find a rose bush that would produce some yellow roses!

I will make sure and keep ya updated on how I do with gardening these plants and the pansies!

Till Next Time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment