Monday, February 13, 2012

Winter weather

Well, we finally got a little bit of snow this winter. The girls were thrilled when they woke up and there was snow on the ground. Yes there is still school today. We didn't get that much snow to cancel everything in town, but its enough that there is about an inch on the grassy areas and our front porch. I am not a big fan of snow. Gets everything all muddy, and while yes it makes everything all pretty when its freshly fallen, I do not like the snow packed roads, icy conditions, and extra cold air. If you find me a place that is about 60-70 degrees year round as the highs, I would be in paradise!!

Last night after ten while it was snowing pretty good Mackenzie ended up having to get a drink of water. As she sleepily made her way to the bathroom and started towards her room, Jerrod called her into the living room. We had her look outside and she turned around after looking through the curtains on the front door, smiled and said "I so have to tell Kylie about this in the morning!" She then sleepily made her way back to bed. I heard her then try to wake Kylie up to tell her, but she couldn't get Kylie to wake up.

This morning they were up before seven, which is their normal time to get up on school days and I over heard Mackenzie excitedly telling Kylie that it snowed last night and that maybe they won't have school today. It did snow, but there is still school!! I doubt they have recess today, but if there is snow left after school and homework, we'll probably go out and play in it. I even grabbed some snow off the porch this morning for  Gabryle since he seemed concerned his porch was covered in white stuff this morning. I put it on his level and he was not having it. I took his hand and set it on the snow and he ran from me after that. As we dropped Jerrod off at work he even took a handful and tried to get Gabryle to grab it and Gabryle immediately shook his head no and pulling away as much as he could while still strapped into his car seat. He's a boy after my own heart!
It will be nice while it lasts, but I am ready for spring! We've had our snow for the winter so the warm weather can come any time now! The girls are thrilled they finally got some snow and maybe now Kylie will stop asking when it will snow.

Till Next Time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment