Wednesday, February 15, 2012

School Parties

Kylie's gift for Jerrod and me.
Well Valentines Day has come and gone and the kids seemed to have a good day yesterday. The girls had their class parties and we fixed special homemade pizza last night for dinner. Each of the girls showed me all of their Valentines they received from friends and were thrilled with the package we ordered from the school for each of them.
I helped with Kylie's class party and it was pretty fun. Kylie was thrilled I was able to come and made sure to let her friends know that Gabryle was her little brother. The kids ate their kids meals from Sonic and all the while they were eating Gabryle went around the classroom with a hand broom and dustpan cleaning up messes that he found. (I honestly think the classroom floor was cleaner by the time we left than when we first got there.) After the kids ate their food they got to decorate a cupcake. Kylie seemed very detailed in decorating hers. When I left she was still strategically placing the sprinkles on the top of the cupcake. I asked Kylie after school if she enjoyed her cupcake after school and her response was "I didn't eat it because I was making it for you and you left before I could finish it." Made me feel a little bad about leaving when I did, but told her we would make some cupcakes this weekend and she can make me one all by herself and she was happy with that idea.
Intently decorating her cupcake.
Mackenzie said her class party was really fun. A lot of parents went to the party and she was thrilled to get a package with some of the Valentines treats. We got her a set of spirit beads, a smencil, a jelly flashing ring, a bracelet and a gorilla sucker. (Kylie had the same things in her bag). As we were leaving the school when school was out Mackenzie informed me that she and Matt switched her smencil for his whistle bracelet because the scent of the pencil is his favorite, and he didn't want his whistle. She also informed me that none of the boys in class liked her Justin Bieber valentine cards. I assured her that it is okay that they didn't like it as long as they were what she wanted to give everyone, which she agreed they were what she wanted to pass out.
 The kids had a good day and now await the next holiday or birthday, which ultimately will be Kylie's birthday in April which she has decided to be a red solo cup party.

Till Next Time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment