Friday, February 3, 2012

Girls cheering

Well, tonight we went and watched the girls cheer at the basketball game they have been working towards this week in cheer camp. They were great at it! We got to the game and watched the first half then the girls went with the cheerleaders and did their cheer and dance routine.
Kylie watching the game
 Kylie seemed to have a blast! she cheered and did all the moves in the cheer they learned. During their dance that they learned she did all the moves and even sang all the lyrics in the song. Out of all the pre-k girls that participated, 6 were from Kylie's class out of 10. One of her best-est friends, Camryn, was also part of the cheer leading tonight. I can see Kylie wanting to do cheer leading a lot when she gets older. She seemed to love doing it.

Kenzie while watching the game.
Mackenzie did very well also. She seemed to enjoy herself tonight. she did great at the dance and sang along with the song. Out of her class there were 3 girls who participated out of the 12 first graders. She said she liked it, but part of me thinks its not something she will not really want to try again. We'll see if she does want to try it again. Knowing her she'll probably just stick with doing the softball, basketball and similar sports type of things.

The girls after their cheering
at halftime.
The bows on the barrettes the girls are wearing I made this afternoon for them. it was my first attempt at making some bows, and I think they turned out rather well. Yes they are only curled ribbon, but they still turned our very well. Kylie has already asked if I could make her some more, so i might take her up on that request. I'll let my thumb heal up first though. (I burned my thumb with the hot glue and now have a blister on it). Once I do make some more I'll make sure to post some pictures of them.

Till Next Time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment