Friday, December 2, 2011

Busy busy busy....

Christmas is fast approaching along with Mackenzie's birthday. Things are busy with the girls at school, and I am busy at home starting to get things ready for Mackenzie's birthday party, and also things ready for Christmas, like Keeping Gabryle from pulling the Christmas tree over on top of him.

Kylie's class has started decorating their room for Christmas and they have cute decorations hanging on the wall outside of their class. She was thrilled to show me her Gingerbread kid we decorated hanging with all of the other kids decorations. It was neat seeing we were not the only ones who used something like cappuccino mix or cinnamon to decorate the gingerbread kid. She was thrilled that hers is on the bottom row so its easier for her to see when they are walking past the display.

Mackenzie's class has been busy working on a present for each family. She has been so careful at not letting it slip to what they are making and that has made her so proud. Her class will also be building gingerbread houses. Each student has to bring 1 supply so there are enough for each student. Mackenzie was asked to bring 2" miniature candy canes. I saw that and figured, okay that would be easy to find. How wrong was I about that!

We looked at Wal-Mart cause I assumed they would have it. Why not they had some last year. Boy was I wrong! The kids and I spent 40 minutes searching the entire store for them and they did not have them. Next we went to Dollar Tree, which was a no go either. After that we got Jerrod from work and then went home and had dinner. After we finished watching Mars Needs Moms, Kenzie and I ran to the mall to see if we could find some. We looked at Big Lots and they didn't have them so I decided that we would look next door at Hobby Lobby and bingo! We found then finally! They had 2 boxes left, one that had been opened and one that wasn't so we grabbed that box quickly and then went and looked around at some other things before heading home.  Never thought it would be so hard to find. I assumed when I read the note that Kenzie had that it would be easier to find especially since a lot of places had started setting out Christmas decorations before Halloween. Next year I will know to look at Hobby Lobby first!

Hard to believe Kenzie's birthday is almost a week away. She is so excited about it this year! She has heard from at least 4 of her friends in class that they will be coming to her party, plus lots of family has said they would come too. As we were looking through Big Lots last night she kept showing me things that she would like for her birthday. Little does she know we have already bought her gift and its sitting in the top of the towel closet. We think she will love getting a little Ipod Shuffle to listen to her music. Plus we downloaded her the new Justin Bieber Christmas album and the Kids Bop 20 album. She will love it!

Once I get some of the cake decorations made today and tomorrow I'll post pictures of them. Have to figure out how to make a guitar......Not sure how well it will turn out, but I will try my hardest. It's what she would like!

Till Next Time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment