Saturday, November 12, 2011

Music and the Kids

One of the favorite things lately for the girls is to have me put some music on and let them sing and dance around the living room. We turn the TV off, and I start the music on my computer and they go to town! Gabryle even has lately gotten in on dancing in the middle of the two girls and trying to imitate both of the girls at the same time. That parts get pretty darn funny!
Tonight is no difference. I turned the TV off while they were in their room playing and started some music and in they ran to start dancing. First came Gabryle running into the living room, and not to long after here came the girls. Kylie was thrilled cause after they came in I started one of her most favorite songs that I can think of, 'Kiss a Girl' by Keith Urban. She has most of the song memorized and every now and then when she takes her bath I'll hear her singing it while she is in the tub. Kenzie's favorite consists of Justin Bieber of course, and 'The Climb' by Hannah Montana. All three of the kiddo's love Avril Lavigne's 'Alice' song from the Alice in Wonderland movie.
I on the other hand have so many favorite songs I would probably run out of room in one blog post to put them all in. With the music between Jerrod and I, the kids get quite a selection of music. They hear everything from Country to rock to classical to soundtracks. I love getting the soundtracks to some movies just for the instrumental tracks. I'll sit and listen to the music over and over. I have noticed with the girls, they each have started getting their own favorite types of music. Used to be they both just loved Hannah Montana but now they have branched off to different things. Kylie seems to favor country music and Kenzie seems to lean a lot more towards rock music (however she has mentioned she does not like rap!)
I hope when they are old enough they try choir out. As much as they love singing right now by the time they get old enough for it, I think they will be great!
With as much music that runs in the family besides just me and Jerrod I'm sure they will be involved in one way or the other hopefully. They have aunts, uncles, and grandparents who were all involved in either vocal music, instrumental music or both. Maybe one of these days I can catch them on video of while they are singing and get it posted!

Till Next Time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment