Monday, October 24, 2011

Working on an Afghan

Afghan I'm working on
 A while ago I taught myself how to knit. I will be the first to tell you I am not the greatest at it, but I try which is pretty good. I work at it when I have the time, which lately is when the girls are at school and Gabryle is napping, or at night after the kids go to bed.

Right now I am working on a small afghan. I'm halfway through with it so far and have already had Mackenzie ask if I can make her one when I get done making the one I am doing right now. I've almost gone through two fourteen ounce balls of yarn and will do at least one more. (the ball in the corner of the couch is what I have left of the second ball.) I'll also add some claret colored fringe to the ends when I am through with the beige color. I've found it actually pretty relaxing to sit and knit for a while. Occasionally I'll work on it while the kids are off playing in the bedrooms, but not all the time.  

I know it doesn't look like much at the moment, but when I have it completed soon I'll make sure and post some pictures for all to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment