Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Adventures of Potty Training...Part 1.....

Now that Gabryle is 2 we plan on getting him started on potty training. The girls were fairly simple, with Kylie being the easiest of the older 2. When I stopped working a few years ago, the first day I stayed home with them, she started using the potty. If only it were that easy every time!
Gabryle for a while has been afraid of the potty. Maybe not afraid but perhaps intimidated. If you tried to sit him down on either his potty seat, or the large toilet with a training seat on it, he would cry and he could not get up off of it fast enough! To him, the potty chair was a way to get up to the sink in the bathroom to turn the water on so he can play in the water and get his hair all wet.
Today we had a break-through though. I took him into the bathroom just to see if he would sit on it and he would! He sat and grinned about sitting on the potty. Yes he had his diaper on, but hey, he sat on the potty!! He then ran and grabbed a pair of underwear we bought a while ago for when he is ready for them so I put them on and since then he has me go with him every 5-10 minutes to go sit on the potty. I'm all for it, so I make sure we go as soon as he comes and starts pulling me towards the bathroom. I know it won't happen all of a sudden, but if he has started wanting to try then I'm all for it! The sooner he is potty trained the sooner we can get him out of diapers completely!!
I will update in a week or so on his progress!
Till Next Time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment