Sunday, September 25, 2011

Just an opinion

So, this morning I was playing on the computer and went to The learning channels website and the Discovery Channels website, and while on TLC's website glanced across the picture of Toddlers and Tiara's. I hate that show. The whole concept of the show to me is stupid and not to mention I have never been one to promote putting children in beauty pageants. (So if you are reading this and love putting your children in the pageants, I am sorry if I upset by this blog post!)
I have never put our girls in beauty pageants. I think it is stupid to spend so much money, on one event, that just parades little girls around trying to get them so conscious about their appearance. Little kids are cute to begin with and if they have to be told they are by getting trophies and tiaras then I think they have a problem. Honestly, how many of those kids honestly enjoy having to sit for a few hours to get makeup on and their hair done by hair and makeup teams? Why would a parent want to spend so much money on a dress they will be able to wear a few times due to the child growing up so fast?
I am pretty sure I am not the only parent who feels this way about children's beauty pageants. Course I know that there are many parents out there that live on putting their child in pageant after pageant. I could just not do that. I would go CRAZY seeing all the parents who are way to into putting their child in a pageant. Paying for a makeup team, and hair stylist and spending so much money on a couple of dresses is just outrageous! It's a waste of money. Why not put that money you are forking out towards something that will last, like a college fund or books for the child or donate it to an organization or school that needs help with funding?
Some of the prices they pay for those dresses are ridiculous. $300+ for a dress they can only wear to pageants is CRAZY!!! I think the most we have ever spent on a dress for either of the girls is $40. Heck, Mackenzie even barely wears dresses. She prefers a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and her boots. Kylie will wear dresses, but I never force her to wear a dress. She just likes them so she wears them. I usually always let the kids wear what they want to as long as it is appropriate and weather friendly. Every now and then I will tell them they need to change but that does not happen often.
Now I have done my little rant on beauty pageants and I'm done with it. Hopefully I did not offend anyone. Just remember if I did that this is just my opinion.

Till Next Time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment