Monday, September 19, 2011

Cake Decorations


As October 1 approaches fast, its hard to believe Gabryle will be 2! Since lately he has been into the Toy Story trilogy really big, his birthday will be decorated with Toy Story decorations. I this year have decided as I usually do, to make his Birthday cake. I also have decided to try something new. Make some of the cake decorations out of Royal Icing. I love decorating cakes. When I can I try to make sure to do all the kids birthday cakes, and Jerrod's so I can decorate them. I think it's fun. It's a fun way to be artistic.
 Royal Icing is used to make the tiny decorations you see out of sugar, that are hard, like the happy birthday letters you can find at your local grocery store. Yes it takes a little bit to pipe out all the stars and letters and numbers I need, but in the end I think its worth it. Since we're doing Toy Story I haven't found any letters that I think will go with the cake I will make. (Yes the little yellow blobs in the picture are stars. From this picture they don't look like it to well, but they are stars.) If I can find them, I'll also put a few small figurines from the movie on the cake also as toppers.
The letters are not done yet. I'll add some yellow to them also to tie them in with the number 2 that is finished. I now will just wait to let them dry. It'll take anywhere from overnight to 48 hours for them to completely dry. It all depends on the humidity and temperature and all that wonderful weather. I will also try and make the Toy Story logo as best as I can. (Course not the keyword TRY). I am not keeping my hopes up on that one. The letters, stars, #2 and clouds turned out pretty well I think. When I get the cake finished before his birthday I will make sure and post pictures for you all!!

Till Next Time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment