Saturday, November 26, 2011

Update on Kylie's Pumpkins


So, it has been almost 3 weeks since I told you about Kylie's pumpkins. I am here to tell you that they are STILL growing and thriving! These two pictures were taken a few days ago, and as you can see they have not stopped growing yet.

They have grown a good two inches since the last time I wrote and have put on quite a few leaves. A lot of small leave buds are almost to open also on both of the stems. The stems are strong and seem very resilient.

We still have not added dirt to the cup, or put them into a pot. I do not give it any type of fertilizer or nutrients. I honestly did not think they would survive this long. They have survived me over watering them, and being dried out once. So how is it that I can keep a pumpkin alive, but not a cactus or flower or ivy plant?  I suppose we will go buy a pot and soil soon so we can transplant it soon. Of course the roots are all embedded in the paper towels so it will be interesting to see if we can get them worked out of the paper towels.

Kylie is glad her pumpkin is still growing. I can see her wanting to take it for show and tell next month when it is her day to do show and tell. It's fun watching her go check it every few days to see how it is going. She told me that she keeps watching for the flower to come so that there will be a pumpkin and then we can make another jack-o-lantern or maybe a pie. I'll update on the pumpkin again in a few weeks with new pictures.

Till Next Time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment