Saturday, March 24, 2012

WORMS!!

Girls and I spent a few hours this afternoon out where we have our roses and now other flowers planted. We finished pulling the grass and weeds out of the "garden" and after all of the rain we have had this past week, all the worms are up at the top of the soil. Mackenzie actually picked one of the worms up today, and Little Miss Kylie actually touched two or three of them today. She wouldn't pick it up, but touching it was a big step for her still.

I have never seen that many worms in the soil in an area. Our garden is not big by any means, but its decent, especially since I'm not a big gardener. It's a decent size for a beginning gardener. I transplanted the pansies I had in a pot to the area we have ready. Come to find out the flowers were not even covered in dirt! No wonder they were starting to look kind of puny in the pot they were planted in! We planted all six of the pansy plants in the ground and then planted some zinnia seeds. I love zinnia's. The ones we planted will be all different colors.

We also planted and started our salsa garden kit. We planted the cayenne peppers, beefsteak tomatoes and cilantro seeds in the bucket that was provided and when it comes time we will transplant them like it says to on the instructions. I hope they go well. I would love to try and make my own salsa. I'll post some pictures real soon!!

Till Next Time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment