Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January can't be over yet!!!

Seems like January has just flown by! The girls have been busy with school, and Gabryle has been busy being his normal busy self. Kenzie is working to get onto the schools Superintendent Honor Roll, Kylie has started to learn to read in her class, and Gabryle is still picking up some sign language. Gabryle has also figured out that he can get in the fridge to get himself something to eat. Tonight alone, he decided he wanted to get some tea. The pitcher of tea was full, and went all over the floor. He is a handful!!!!

As the new year has been going by fairly quickly, Kylie has been concerned lately because her birthday is next in our house.  Yes it's not till April 5, and yes it is early to think about it. I have mentioned it to her and Jerrod has also mentioned it to her, but it still hasn't sunk in to her yet, that she has 2 more months to go before it arrives.

With her birthday we always have to keep in mind that it usually always falls around Easter. Some years it doesn't but usually it does. This year it will be the Thursday before Easter Sunday.  It got me curious as to when her birthday will fall on Easter Sunday, and it turns out her birthday will fall on Easter in 2015. (Her 8th Birthday)

Earlier this evening Kylie came up to me with the most serious face she can have and says:
"Mom, I want you to make a cake for me for my birthday. I cake, a cake cake, a real cake, an actual cake." As I sit and process this I ask
 "So you want me to make your cake?"
"Yes." She replied. "A real cake, an actual cake."

I never realized I have not made her an actual cake for her birthday. Last year yes we did a store bought cake, but that is the only time she has had a store bought cake for her birthday. I was already planning on making her cake this year. I reassured her that I will make her a cake that will be what she wants, but I won't make it until right before her birthday. She'll also get cupcakes sent to her class on her actual birthday. I might even make some little goody bags to take also for her friends in her class. She doesn't know I will do that yet.

Till Next Time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment