Saturday, July 16, 2011

The thoughts that come from a 4 year old.

Miss Kylie, she is one of a kind! There are sometimes that she can come up to Jerrod or me and say one of the craziest things that you can think of, or the most serious question that I have ever known a four year old  to think of to ask their parent. I could be wrong, and there could be another four year old out there with some stranger questions, which I won't feel as if she is one of a kind anymore though.
I had her come up to me today, sit beside me on the couch, look at me with the most serious of faces and started talking about poop. Yes, I said poop. She went on to explain to me about what color of it is good and what color is bad. Why she has this fascination with it I do not understand, but she does.

She is a very smart little girl. She has picked up on things just a fraction of a second faster than Mackenzie did, and has the same drive to learn all she can, which I love. She loves books and loves to learn how to write and spell things. She will start Pre-K this August and it can not come fast enough for her.
As the school year is coming closer and closer, I sit and wonder some days, how much will she like school? I honestly think she will love it, and at the same time, I wonder if she will giver her teacher a run for her money.  She has asked us over the past year, questions I would have never thought of to ask at her age. She has asked how certain animals do things, how do fireflies light up at night, and so many others I can't think of them all. She has even decided already she is going to be an astronaut so she can go in a big ship and go into outer space.

Hopefully her curiosity will continue to grow and she will learn so much and does become an astronaut if that is what she decides to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment