Friday, October 5, 2012

Fingernails!!!!!!

Mackenzie and Kylie have lately gotten very into having their fingernails painted. The past week we have painted their nails almost every other day. Yes lots of nail polish remover is used but it's been fun doing their nails for them.
Yesterday Kenzie came up and asked me if I could do each nail two different colors, so I looked online to see the best way to do it. Luckily all you have to do is go to pinterest and you have lots of suggestions on what to do. I used the suggestion on there to cut tape into the angle or design you want to use. This evening after dinner I did the girls nails with the two tone they wanted. Kenzie picked orange and blue and Kylie picked gold and blue. Both of the colors have a little sparkle in them and I really like them. I found at Wal-Mart called Sinful Colors and its inexpensive, great colors, and dries fairly quickly. The last part is always a plus when doing the girls nails, especially Mackenzie. She may be the oldest but gets a little more antsy than Kylie.
I put the base color down, which was the lighter color of the two and let it completely dry. After it was completely dry I cut strips of tape into the length I needed for Mackenzie's fingernails and then continued to paint the blue color on. After about 30 to 45 seconds I peeled off the tape and then after it completely dried applied a clear top coat. Mackenzie absolutely loves it! Kylie had me do her fingers just in the blue and then did the gold and blue on her toes, which turned out pretty well also. I didn't do the tape on hers and just eyeballed the blue on her toes. Some of her toes are so tiny its just easier to eyeball it!!
I've posted pictures below of the girls nails. Hope you enjoy!!

Till Next Time!!!!

Kylie's Toenails

Kylie's Fingernails

Mackenzie's Fingernails

Mackenzie's Fingernails

Gabryle patiently waiting for us to finish the nails

All three kiddo's

No comments:

Post a Comment