Thursday, June 7, 2012

Washing some Dishes

A Kylie self portrait
I love how our kids seem to help doing some house cleaning. It doesn't happen that often but every now and then they really want to help. Kenzie loves to help doing the dishes. I think for the most part she loves to be able to play in the water, more than the actual washing of the dishes. Kylie enjoys sweeping and helping with taking out the trash (I know I have some strange kids but I wouldn't change them for the world!)

 Last night as I was washing the dinner dishes she steps up beside me and asks why she can't do the dishes like Kenzie. I told her that she needed to be tall enough to be able to turn the water on and off by herself. She reached and could reach the part of the faucet where the water comes out but not the handle. She stood there trying her hardest to convince me she was tall enough to turn it on when she couldn't reach it. She hates that she can't do much to help in the kitchen.
another self portrait

I just told her if she wanted to help do something she could get the trash sack out of the bathroom trashcan and that just made her day. She was so excited to get to help do that. After I finished the dishes I got the trash sack out of the kitchen and she brought the one from the bathrooms and we took it to the dumpster outside. Who knew taking out trash would be so exciting for a five year old.




and another (my favorite!)

and another.

No comments:

Post a Comment